Currently, the State of Disaster has nearly come to an end, so Sassa R350 grants are not managed under that law. Social Assistance Act, 2004 (Act No. 13 of 2004) now governs the Special Relief of Distress (SRD) grant. Now is the time to apply for Covid-19 Sassa SRD unemployment grants r350. Here is the Sassa SRD r350 gov za pdf 2022 application form.
Online application criteria for Sassa R350 grants [application form pdf]
From March 2023 to March 2024, the Sassa SRD grant will be available. First, Sassa will be provided with the following information. In order to submit their Sassa SRD application, they must complete this step.
- In order to qualify for this grant, one must be a South African citizen, a permanent resident, a refugee, an asylum seeker, or hold a special permit.
- The applicant must be at least 18 years old;
- If the applicant is unemployed and does not have any source of income, he or she may apply;
- Unemployed persons not receiving social grants or unemployment insurance benefits
- Students receiving National Student Financial Aid Scheme stipends are not eligible
- It is not appropriate for him/her to reside in a facility that is subsidized or funded by the government.
You may enjoy reading How to Reinstate your COVID-19 SRD Grant
Here is the document that is required for processing an application if the applicant meets all of the above-mentioned requirements.
- Personal Information
- Identity Number
- Their name and surname (as stated in their ID)
- Disability and gender
- Address information
- Account number and bank name
- Contact details
- Information about employment and lifestyle
COVID-19 SRD Grant Application Process Online
SASSA’s process for processing SRD grant applications. What will be the new process for applying for SRD grants? Here are the steps you need to follow.
Step 1: Registering for the Sassa unemployment grant
To begin the application process, select which channel you want to use. The Sassa SRD application 2022 can be submitted in a variety of ways.
How to apply for Sassa social relief grant online
The applicant must follow the following instructions to apply via the website.
- Submit your ID number Submit your mobile number using your internet browser at http://srd.sassa.gov.za/
- The next step is to press the ‘send SMS’ button
- A code for the OTP will be sent to you.
- Verify the pin by inserting the One Time Pin (OTP) number
- Lastly, you must agree to the grant terms and conditions
- Once the one-time pin is entered, Sassa will send it to the number mentioned above.
- You will need to accept the clauses in step 2 of this process.
Keep in mind: R350 grant applicants must accept the declaration section once they submit their online grant applications.
Apply for the Sassa SRD grant via the website
How to apply for Sassa unemployment grant 2023 via WhatsApp
Sassa R350 applications can be submitted through Whatsapp by sending a Whatsapp message.
- Make a note of the following number +270820468553 in your phonebook
- You can message Sassa via WhatsApp to the number
- Reply with the word SRD when you receive a message
- When you get to the application form, you have two choices: you can apply for yourself or someone else.
- Please provide your first and last names based on the ID in the next message
- Next time, reply only with your SURNAME.
- Once the grant terms and conditions are accepted, all that remains is to accept the grant.
- The next step is to provide your HOME ADDRESS
- Your citizen status will be selected in the next message 1. SA Citizen 2. Permanent Resident 3. Refugee.
- An OTP, reference number, and link are included in the last step of the message. The link takes you to the SRD Website or to the GovChat Sassa application where you can complete the application. There is a two-hour validity period on the link they provided through the message.
- The clauses will be accepted in step 2 of this process.
On the WhatsApp line 060 012 3456, you can also apply by providing personal information as prompted.
You may enjoy reading What To Do If R350 Grant Application Is Declined
How to apply for the r350 unemployment fund via Email
In order to apply for an R350 grant by email, you will need to send an email to [email protected], which will generate a form in response. You will fill it out. After that, you will receive a message with instructions on how to proceed.
How to apply for the Sassa unemployment grant 2023 via GovChat:
Following are the steps to submit a Sassa social relief grant application through GovChat
- Visit https://govchat.app/login to access the website
- Please enter your phone number
- Please complete the captcha
- Log in by clicking ‘Log in’
- Click on ‘SASSA Services’
- Afterward, ‘SASSA Grants’
- Click on ‘Apply for a grant’
- ‘Social relief of distress (R350)’ is the grant you want to apply for.
- Click ‘Create New Form’ to begin
- Complete the form with the required information
- Click on ‘SUBMIT PERSONAL DETAILS’ at the end
- Once the reference number is received, you can complete the process.
- You will need to accept the clauses in step 2 of this process.
How to apply for the r350 SRD Sassa grant online via chatbot.
SASSA ChatBot also allows you to apply for R350 grants. You can find all the information you need here.
- Open the website www.sassa.gov.za in your browser
- You can chat about grant assistance by clicking on the SRD R350 chat box on the website
- After that, you’ll need to provide your phone number and ID number
- Afterward, you select ‘I’d like to apply for SRD R350 grant’ in the chat
- You will be directed to the SRD website by the chat
- You can apply for the SRD grant by clicking the link in the How to Apply section of the website
- You can then apply online by clicking here
- Your ID number and mobile number should be entered
- To send a text message, click the ‘send SMS’ button
- An OTP number with 6 digits will be sent to you
- The OTP code should be entered here
- Verify your pin by clicking the button
- We will continue with step 2 which is “Agree to the terms and conditions ”.
These are the channels through which you must apply.
STEP 2: Accept the terms and conditions
After that, you should read the Declaration and Consent Document. The grant provider and you are actually contracting under these terms and conditions of service. The Declaration and Consent Document must be agreed to by both parties. Your Special COVID-19 SRD Grant should be carefully read and understood in order to achieve this.
STEP 3: Enter your personal information
You will now need to enter your personal information correctly for your SASSA R350 grant application. As part of the application, you were required to provide your ID number, your name, surname (as it appears on your ID card), and other details like your address and gender.
STEP 4: Enter your banking details
Your bank details must be provided as a new applicant to ensure that you do not have an alternative income. Prior to processing a payment, Sassa verifies the bank details of a client. When applying for the Sassa grant, the candidate details are submitted to the Department of Treasury, where they are confirmed and verified by the bank selected by the applicant. The details are then handed over to SASSA for payment purposes after the verification process is completed by the Treasury Department.
If the applicant has a bank account
In order to apply for a job, you must provide the following details about your bank account:
- Please select the name of your bank
- Please provide your account number
- Choose a branch
- Choose an account type
- Clauses agreed to
If Applicant has no bank account
A cash transfer payment can be received by applicants without a bank account through the following four banks:
- STANDARD BANK
An SRD grant can also be collected from an ATM or a post office branch near the applicant. Payments are usually sent through the post office to asylum seekers and holders of special permits. Before payment can be processed, the candidate must appear personally with the relevant documents to prove their identity.
Decide to pay cash and agree to the terms and conditions after choosing this method
You will not be able to receive a grant into someone else’s bank account unless you provide your own details.
You may enjoy reading Sassa Grant payment dates for May 2023
STEP 5: Confirmation via mobile phone
Your Sassa grant application will now be activated after SASSA confirms the verification of your banking information.
You must provide Sassa with a mobile number where they can reach you via SMS regarding your application, bank information, or whatever else they need.
STEP 6: Verification and validation of Sassa
Data from the Department of Home Affairs is used to verify all details provided by the applicant.
UIF, SARS, and NSFAS databases are used for ID number verification.
Fraud prevention partners prevent the use of illegal methods.
A detailed explanation for your application acceptance or denial will be provided, along with an opportunity for reapplying or appealing. An applicant may request reconsideration of a rejected application if it has been rejected. What are the reasons why some COVID-19 grant applications are declined?
STEP 7: Tracking the registration progress of an application
Now that your application has been submitted, you can track its progress using the channels listed below.
Click on the Sassa status check link on www.Sassa-status.co.za. By entering your ID and phone number, you can check the status of your Sassa grant application.
SASSA can also be contacted at 0800601011 at the toll-free number to check the status of your application.
What is the SASSA SRD R350 program?
The SASSA SRD R350 program is a social relief of distress grant provided by the South African government to assist individuals who are facing financial difficulties as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic.
Who is eligible for the SASSA SRD R350 program?
It is only open to South African citizens or permanent residents between the ages of 18 and 59, who are unemployed and do not receive any other income or social grant.
How can I apply for the SASSA SRD R350 program?
SASSA SRD R350 applications can be submitted online or through WhatsApp on the SASSA website. It is also possible to apply in person at SASSA offices.
When will I receive a payment if my application is successful?
In addition to bank transfers and cash payments at designated pay points, successful applicants will receive payment through various payment methods. Monthly payments are usually made.
Is there a deadline for applying for the SASSA SRD R350 program?
A number of extensions have been made to the program, and it currently has no official end date. The application process should be completed as soon as possible to avoid any delays.
As a result of the Covid-19 pandemic, SASSA SRD R350 provides much-needed financial assistance to those who are experiencing financial hardship. Individuals who qualify can receive monthly payments by applying online or through other methods. If an individual is eligible for assistance, they should check their eligibility as soon as possible and apply as soon as possible. Check Types of SASSA Grants here.