The R350 grant seems to have been renewed with the implementation of new regulations. A growing number of application portals have been opened as beneficiaries have to reapply.
Following the end of the National State of Disaster, SRD grants were managed under new regulations. Beneficiaries were forced to reapply as a result.
Sassa announced that the WhatsApp line would also be open for applications soon after SRD grant applications opened online on 23 April.
A WhatsApp line has been opened now for R350 grant applications, Sassa announced on Monday morning:
You can apply for the COVID-19 SRD grant through our Whatsapp application channel now!
Here’s how to submit your Sassa SRD grant application on WhatsApp:
- Make 082 046 8553 a contact on your phone
- Send a message saying ‘hi’ to this number on WhatsApp
- Once you receive a response, you should respond with ‘help’
- Answer ‘4’ when given various options
- In this case, you should reply ‘SRD’ to the Unathi Sassa platform message
- The next step is to confirm whether you are applying for yourself or for someone else
- In the message, you will need to enter your name, surname, and ID number.
- The next steps will then be communicated to you via Whatsapp.
A SRD grant applicant must consent to Sassa verifying their identity, residency, income or social security benefits in order to access or have their application considered. The declaration and consent will also need to be accepted by the applicant. Moreover, you can check our sassa status here.
The SASSA has advised clients not to reapply using WhatsApp after applying through srd.sassa.gov.za.
Each month, clients will undergo the SRD grant meanstest to determine whether they still qualify. In order to conduct its meanstest, Sassa plans to use financial institutions.
Additionally, clients have been given the option of checking the website after every 3 months to determine if they need the grant.
Also, read How to Check SASSA Balance R350 Status
You can apply for the SRD grant in no time by making use of the Sassa WhatsApp Line For R350 Grants. Neither complex data nor an exhausting process is required by the government’s time-saving and convenient procedure. For applicants to benefit from this grant, they should apply as soon as possible until spring 2024.
Also, read What is SASSA OTP Code?