Since the National State of Disaster Act has been repealed, the SASSAS R350 grant is no longer managed as a disaster aid. Applications for Covid-19 Sassa SRD unemployment grants are now being accepted under the Social Assistance Act, 2004.
You can find the Sassa SRD r350 gov pdf here if you are looking for the application form.
Online application criteria for Sassa R350 grants [pdf application form]
Grant applications for SRD grants will now be accepted until March 2023. Sassa will be informed first of this information. This information must be included in the application.
- A special permit holder or a temporary resident, resident, refugee or asylum seeker is eligible to apply for the grant.
- Applicants must be 18 years old or older;
- If the applicant is unemployed, there must be no source of income for him or her;
- Individuals who do not receive social assistance or unemployment benefits
- National Student Financial Aid Scheme stipends cannot be received by the applicant
- A resident should not be allowed to live in a government-funded or subsidized institution.
Applicants who meet all the above criteria are required to submit this document.
- Your personal information
- The number of identities
- Name and surname (as shown on their ID)
- Disability and gender
- A description of the residence’s address
- Bank name and account number
- Please find the contact information below
- Lifestyle and employment information
SRD Grant Application Process for COVID-19
SRD grant applications are automatically generated by the Sassa system as part of the proposal submission process. Approximately 60 fields need to be filled out right away before moving on to step 2. The following section will guide you through filling out those fields.
In order to apply for the Sassa unemployment grant, you must first register (choose the application channel of your choice).
The SARDI (SASSARI REGIONAL DEFENSE INVESTMENT) is a product of Sassa SRD. I’m sure you’ve read about it already. The initiative aims to create a partnership between the public and private sectors, but if you’re not familiar with it, here’s a brief overview. By raising awareness and increasing transparency regarding what goes on in the Western Mediterranean region, it aims to strengthen security.
How to apply for the Covid 19 grant for Social Relief of Distress
Applying for social relief grants on the Sassa website. Application via the website must be completed according to the following instructions.
- If you are using an internet browser, you can access the SRD by searching http://srd.sassa.gov.za/
Could you please provide your ID number?
- Here is where you can enter your mobile number
- Click ‘send SMS’ next
- You will receive a code for the OTP.
- After inserting the One Time Pin (OTP), verify the pin
- Lastly, you must agree to the terms and conditions of the grant
- Sassa has sent you a one-time pin to the number listed above.
- You will have to accept the clauses in step 2.
Remember: You must accept the declaration section to apply online for an R350 grant in 2022.
The grant application can be found on the Sassa SRD website
What is the process for applying for the Sassa unemployment grant 2022 on WhatsApp?
You can apply for Sassa’s r350 application via your Whatsapp by sending a message.
- +270820468553 should be saved in your phone’s contacts
- Send Sassa a WhatsApp message
- When you receive a message, reply with SRD
- If you wish to apply for yourself or for someone else, you have two options.
- Your first and last names will be required in the next message based on your ID
- Next time, reply only with your SURNAME.
- Having accepted the grant’s terms and conditions is the end of the process.
- In the next step, your HOME ADDRESS will be required
- The next message will select your citizen status. Citizen of SA 2. 3. Permanent Resident. The refugee.
- As a final step, a link is included in the message as well as a reference number and one-time pin (OTP). It is possible
- Use GovChat or the SRD website to complete the application. The link they sent through the message has a two-hour expiration date.
- Later on, we will discuss more detail about accepting the clauses at Step 2.
You will be asked to provide personal information on the WhatsApp line 060 012 3456.
Email application for R350 unemployment fund
Home help and domestic workers are eligible for a R350 grant from SARS’ Social Services department. Fill out the form sent to your inbox in order to apply for this grant. As soon as this is done, the system will automatically send back your information, which then triggers the rest of the application process.
Sassa unemployment grant 2022 applications can be made through GovChat using the following steps:
Using GovChat, you can apply for the Sassa social relief grant
- Visit https://govchat.app/login to access the website
- Please enter your phone number
- Please complete the captcha
- Log in by clicking ‘Log in’
- Click on ‘SASSA Services’
- Then came ‘SASSA Grants’
- Click on ‘Apply for a grant’
- ‘Social relief of distress (R350)’ is the grant you wish to apply for
- Click ‘Create New Form’ now
- Please fill out the required fields
- At the end, click on ‘SUBMIT PERSONAL DETAILS’
- A reference number will be provided to you afterward.
- As soon as you accept the clauses, step 2 will begin.
You can apply online for the R350 SRD Sassa grant using the chatbot.
You may enjoy reading How To Change Number On Sassa Application?
What are the chances of applying for the R350 grant through the SASSA ChatBot?
- You can access the website at www.sassa.gov.za by opening a web browser
- SRD R350 grant assistance is available by clicking on the chat box on the website
- Your ID number and mobile number will be required after that
- You proceed to the application process after selecting ‘I want to apply for SRD R350 grant’.
- Through the chat, you will be directed to the SRD website
- Click on ‘How do I apply’ on the SRD grant website
- Click here to apply online
- It is necessary to enter your ID number and mobile number
- Click the button to send an SMS
- A six-digit OTP will then be sent to you
- Here is where the OTP code should be inserted
- Click on the pin to verify it
- Therefore, in step 2 (“Agree to Terms and Conditions”), you must use one of these channels.
Step 1: The terms and conditions must be agreed upon
We who believe in the freedom of the individual hold the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution in immeasurable regard. A grant provider and you are actually contracting under these terms and conditions of service.
Terms and conditions must be agreed to. The Special COVID-19 SRD Grant application should be prepared by reading and understanding all the clauses.
Step 2: Provide your personal information
I’ve provided you with your details because we want you to be the first to learn about this grant. Aside from your ID number and name, you will need to provide your address, gender, and other information.
Step 3: Choose a payment method and provide your banking information
In order for people to be able to access their funds, banks are crucial. The reason for this is that applicants must be verified as real, and they will be able to do this through verification. The Department of Treasury confirms the bank details and forwards them to the applicant’s bank. An applicant’s bank account receives the details after it has undergone a verification process.
Step 4: The applicant has a bank account
If you are a new applicant, you must provide the following information regarding your bank account:
- Choose your bank from the list
- Please provide your account number
- Select a branch
- Choose the type of account you want
- Agreement on clauses
In the absence of a bank account, an applicant
A cash transfer payment from an employer cannot be received by most applicants unless they have a bank account. As a result, these applicants will need to send their salary through any of the four banks listed below:
Through the post office, applicants can collect the SRD grant. People may think it’s easy, but it’s not. Documents and proof of identification must be provided by the applicant in person.
Choosing a payment method is necessary once you have decided how you will receive the grant. Once you have agreed to the terms and conditions, you can then receive the grant.
Step 5: Using a mobile phone to confirm
In the next few minutes, Sassa will send you an SMS asking for your confirmation of the details you entered. Your application will be processed once we receive your bank information and verify it. Please keep patience as it may take some time to process.
Step 6: Sassa validation and verification
National Identifiers can be obtained easily and quickly. It may already be known that obtaining an NSFAS number can take weeks, months, or even a year for those who do not qualify. Depending on the application, some applications can be processed within a few weeks, while others can take months or even years.
Step 7: Monitoring an application’s registration progress
If you would like to check the status of your application, you can directly contact SASSA on the toll-free number 0800601011 using the contact information provided in your application letter. You will be notified by SMS if there are problems with your submission. Your payment will be released if no issue exists. You will receive an SMS letting you know there is no issue.
Anyone can apply for the Sassa grant
A Sassa relief grant can be applied for by anyone facing the crises listed below.
- Situations of emergency or disaster
- When you find yourself in a desperate situation, no system will help you
- A medical condition preventing you from working for less than six months can be considered medically unfit
- A family without a breadwinner
- Where the breadwinner receives a prison sentence of fewer than six months
- There are many ways in which disasters can affect you
You may enjoy reading Sassa Grants Payment Dates
Do applicants have to reapply every month?
No, that is not the case. Due to the fact that each individual’s circumstances vary, the verification and validation process of the application is conducted every month. The majority of people are able to find work or find other means of support. It is therefore necessary to validate all applications on a monthly basis.
Can SASSA offices apply for the Special Covid19 SRD Grant?
Please note that SROD cannot be applied for at your SASSA office if you arrive at this page and don’t know how to apply. Applications must be submitted electronically via one of the available channels (computer, tablet, or mobile phone). Your nearest SASSA office does not have an application form.
Are any documents or attachments required when applying for SRD grants electronically?
Your application form must include all relevant information in an accurate and truthful manner in order to qualify for a grant. In the event that you submit a false or misleading application, the grant you receive will not be affected. In contrast, if you provide truthful information but don’t disclose all of the required details on your application form, SASSA may not be able to provide you with the quality of service you need.
Why hasn’t my Sassa R350 grant been approved yet?
Having applied, but still, your application says it’s pending and in processing, it indicates that you have to wait until the details you entered in the application are scanned. SASSA will release your payment after they have processed everything, which could take a few days or weeks.
The proposed changes will benefit job seekers who receive unemployment grants through SAIF, as they do right now. To make life easier for those who have applied for grants on multiple platforms, the Employment Ministry (through the Department of Labour) has proposed the following proposal to administer Unemployment Grants and other forms of social protection in South Africa.
Moreover, you can check Moya App SASSA Status here.