Apply For Sassa Grant: Citizens of South Africa can apply for social grants through the South African Social Security Agency (SASSA). The best way to make the most of your social grants is to plan properly and apply in the right way. The purpose of this post is to explain How Do I apply for Sassa grant, fill online application, and what you will need before you begin.
To minister the social security system in South Africa, the South African government established the South African Social Security Agency (also known as SASSA). In turn, this national agency distributes social grants on behalf of South Africa’s Department of Social Development (DSD). Means-tested grant payments are mostly made monthly, and cash is the main form of payment.
Online Application For Sassa 2023
There are two ways to apply for SASSA grants: in person at any SASSA office throughout the country (find a SASSA office near you here) or online. A mobile device, a tablet, a laptop, or a desktop computer that has an internet connection is the easiest and fastest way to apply for a grant. Find out How Do I apply for Sassa grant online by reading on!
You may enjoy reading Sassa Grants Payment Dates & Schedule for 2023
Understanding the Types of SASSA Grants
SASSA grants are available in a variety of types. Before you apply, make sure you know which one may be suited to your needs. Grants are available from SASSA in the following categories:
1. Older Persons’ Grant
This grant is for people who are 60 years or older.
2. Disability Grant
This grant is for people who cannot work due to a disability.
3. Child Support Grant
This grant is for primary caregivers of children under 18.
4. Foster Child Grant
This grant is for people who care for foster children.
5. Care Dependency Grant
This grant is for people who care for someone who is disabled.
6. SRD Grant
SRD Grants (Covid-19 Social Relief of Distress Grants) are available to South Africans who are struggling financially.
7. War Veterans Grant
For people over the age of 60 or disabled who served in the Second World War or Korean War, the War Veterans Grant is available in South Africa.
Applicants who are currently receiving social grants and can no longer care for themselves may apply for the Grant-In-Aid in order to hire someone to care for them full-time.
People in special circumstances can receive the SRD Grant to provide immediate temporary assistance via food parcels, vouchers, or cash. SRD Grants (Covid-19 SRD Grants) were introduced in 2020 to assist those facing hardship due to the pandemic. SRD grants will be extended until March 2024 by the Minister of Finance in October 2022.
You may enjoy reading How to Change SASSA R350 Payment Method?
How Do I Apply for SASSA Grant Online: 8 Steps
The steps to apply for SASSA grant are outlined below now that you know what types of grants are available.
- You will need an internet-enabled device.
- Launch your device’s browser (e.g. Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, etc.).
- The SASSA Online Services website can be found here.
- To access the various services, you must now register.
- If you agree with South Africa’s Protection of Personal Information Act (POPIA) and cookie consent, click the yellow “Register” button.
- Please fill in your relevant information
- To save, click “Save”.
- To confirm your registration, you will receive a One-Time-Pin (OTP) on your cellphone.
- Complete your registration by typing your pin into the space provided.
- SASSA’s online services should now be accessible.
- If your browser closes while you wait for the pin, you can always get another PIN by returning to the login screen.
- SASSA services should now be available from your home screen.
- Please click on the “Apply for Grant” button.
- Select the type of grant you would like to apply for.
- Now you’ll see an application form. Make sure you complete the screening questionnaire with all the information on your ID document as indicated on the form (the questionnaire allows SASSA to provide you with a list of all the supporting documents you’ll need).
- If you provide false information, your application may be delayed or you may be prosecuted.
- The optional questionnaire can be used for guidance and help if you need more detailed information.
- After completing your grant application form and affidavit generated by SASSA, you will be able to submit it.
- Click on “Continue To Next Step” to provide the information you provided on the web page.
- Your browser will then be redirected to the SASSA Online Services website.
- On the SASSA Online Services Website, you can also download and print the SASSA-generated consent form and affidavit.
- In addition to showing you all the documents you need for your application, SASSA’s website will also display all the missing documents you need to submit.
- It is necessary to certify some supporting documents before uploading them and to send them in a compatible format.
- Click the “SUBMIT DOCUMENTS” button to complete your application.
- In the next step, you will receive a confirmation SMS, an email, and a reference number (you can use this number for future inquiries and references).
- All supporting documents/applications will be received by SASSA on the date of your application.
You may enjoy reading How To Change Number On Sassa Application?
What are the Requirements to Apply for Sassa Grant?
It is necessary to meet certain requirements in order to apply for a SASSA grant in South Africa. It depends on the type of grant you are applying for if you have to meet these requirements. Generally, the following requirements must be met:
- You must be a South African citizen, permanent resident, or refugee with a valid permit.
- You must be a resident of South Africa and provide proof of residence.
- You must be 18 years old or older.
- You must not be a recipient of any other government assistance or social grant.
- You must provide evidence of your income and assets.
- You must provide the details of your bank account.
- You must provide your ID or passport number.
- You must provide accurate and truthful information on the application form.
- You may not have assets worth more than R1 115 400 for singles or R2 230 800 for married people.
You may enjoy reading How to Check SASSA Balance R350 Status
Are you applying for a Sassa grant?
The older age grant may be something you’ve thought about applying for but aren’t sure how to go about it. If you want to learn more about this program, you should contact the Sassa branch offices. A fixed-income person or someone living in difficult circumstances can find all the forms and documents they need at these places.
Your life can be made easier by grants, but winning a grant is no easy task. Although you may think you are qualified for a grant, you have to go through a lot of steps before you are able to receive the funding. In order to obtain one, you must first apply to an agency or organization. If your application packet included genealogy records and a personal statement, you will submit them then. A denial or approval notice will be issued after an officer reviews your information.
Can I Apply for Sassa Online Application Form?
Yes, SASSA (South African Social Security Agency) can be applied online by visiting their official website at https://www.sassa.gov.za/ and filling out the online application form. It is straightforward and user-friendly to fill out the online application. A step-by-step guide to applying online can be found above.
It is however necessary that you have certain documents on hand when you apply, such as your South African ID, bank details, and proof of income, among others. Applying for SASSA benefits requires you to meet the eligibility requirements. The SASSA customer care line can be reached at 0800 601 011 if you have any questions or need further assistance.
What is the SASSA R350 grant?
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the South African government introduced the SASSA R350 grant.
Can I apply for the SASSA R350 grant online?
Yes, you can apply for the SASSA R350 grant online through the SASSA website.
What are the requirements for the SASSA R350 grant?
The requirements for the SASSA R350 grant include being a South African citizen, permanent resident, or refugee with a valid permit. In addition, you must be unemployed, and not receiving any other form of income or social grant.
What documents do I need to apply for the SASSA R350 grant online?
A clear copy of your bank statement and your personal information are needed when applying for the SASSA R350 grant online.
How long does SASSA take to process my R350 grant application?
The processing time for SASSA R350 grant applications can take a few weeks. Once your application is approved, you will receive an SMS and email notification.
How long will I receive the SASSA R350 grant?
The SASSA R350 grant is paid monthly for three months.
Can I apply for the SASSA R350 grant if I already receive another social grant?
No, you cannot apply for the SASSA R350 grant if you receive another social grant or income support from the government.
What if I don’t have access to the internet to apply online for the SASSA R350 grant?
If you do not have internet access, you can apply for the SASSA R350 grant at your nearest SASSA office or post office.
SASSA R350 grants provide crucial support to unemployed individuals facing financial hardship as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. You can apply for sassa application for r350 apply online through the SASSA website in a matter of minutes and easily.
SASSA applications for R350 can be submitted online in a few weeks if you follow the steps outlined above. If you meet the eligibility criteria, it is recommended that you apply soon since the R350 grant is only available for a limited period of three months. You can check your status online or using Moya app once you have applied. If your status is still pending, you must reapply.